How To Set Up Your DJI Mavic Pro？ Charge batteries, download DJI GO 4 app, unfold drone’s arms, insert battery, power on, connect device to remote controller, follow app instructions to activate drone and complete setup process.
Setting up your DJI Mavic Pro is an important first step to embark on your aerial adventures. Properly configuring your drone ensures a seamless flying experience and unlocks the full potential of its advanced features.
In this guide, we will walk you through the essential steps to set up your DJI Mavic Pro and get ready for an incredible aerial journey.
What Do I Need to Set Up My Mavic Pro?
Before getting started, make sure you have all of the components that come in the Mavic Pro box:
- Mavic Pro drone
- Remote controller
- Three Intelligent Flight Batteries
- Gimbal clamp
- Power cable
- Micro USB cable
- Extra propellers
You’ll also want to have:
- Micro SD card – to store photos and video
- Mobile device – to attach to remote controller for viewing flight feed
How Do I Charge the Intelligent Flight Batteries?
Charging the Intelligent Flight batteries fully is crucial before flying the Mavic Pro.
Here are the steps to charge them:
- Plug the charger into an electrical outlet using the included power cable.
- Attach one Intelligent Flight Battery to the charger by sliding it in until it clicks into place.
- The battery level indicator lights will flash, showing charging progress.
- When the lights turn solid, the battery is fully charged.
- Repeat the charging process for all three batteries. Always charge batteries before first use.
- Never leave batteries unattended while charging.
- Batteries should be at room temperature before charging.
- Disconnect batteries when fully charged.
How Do I Install the Propellers?
The Mavic Pro comes with four propeller pairs – two unique pairs for the top and bottom.
Here’s how to attach them properly:
Top (Gray Ring) Propellers
- Align the top propellers with the gray ring edge and mounting pins on the top of the motors.
- Press the propeller down onto the mounting pins until it is secured in place and can no longer rotate.
Bottom (Black Ring) Propellers
- Align the bottom propellers with the black ring edge and mounting pins on the bottom of the motors.
- Press the propeller up onto the mounting pins until it is secured in place.
- Ensure all propellers are pressed firmly in place and cannot rotate on the motor. Tight or loose propellers can affect flight performance.
What Should I Do for My First Flight?
Before your very first flight, follow these steps:
1.Select a Location
Choose an open area free from people, trees, and obstructions to fly safely. Ideal spots include:
- Open fields
- Empty parking lots
- Remote beaches
2.Download the DJI GO 4 App
The DJI GO 4 app is required to fly and control the Mavic Pro. Download it from the App Store or Google Play.
3.Activate Your Mavic Pro
- Power on the drone and remote controller.
- Connect your mobile device to the remote controller.
- Launch the DJI GO 4 app and follow the on-screen instructions to activate your Mavic Pro.
4.Calibrate the Compass
- In the app, tap the aircraft status bar and select Calibrate.
- Hold and rotate the drone horizontally and vertically based on the on-screen prompts to calibrate the compass.
- Connect your mobile device, remote controller, and drone.
- Launch DJI GO 4 app and you will be notified if updates are available. Tap to update.
Your Mavic Pro is now ready for its first flight!
How Do I Control and Fly the Mavic Pro?
Learning to pilot the Mavic Pro takes practice.
Here are the basic controls:
Remote Controller Functions
|Ascend, descend, rotate left/right
|Forward, backward, left/right
|Intelligent flight modes
In-App Camera and Video Controls
In the DJI GO 4 app, you can adjust camera settings, switch between photo and video modes, start/stop recording, and more.
Intelligent Flight Modes
There are several automated flight modes accessible from the app:
- ActiveTrack – Track a subject automatically
- TapFly – Tap on screen to fly in that direction
- Terrain Follow – Maintain height from ground
- Waypoints – Fly along preset paths
What Mavic Pro Accessories Should I Consider?
Here are some useful accessories to enhance your flight experience:
- Additional batteries – Extend flight time
- ND filters – Reduce glare and sharpen footage
- Propeller guards – Protect propellers
- Landing gear – Stable take-offs/landings
- Car charger – Charge batteries on the go
- Tablet mount – Larger screen for controller
How Do I Maintain My Mavic Pro?
Proper maintenance helps keep your Mavic Pro functioning optimally. Recommended tips:
- Remove propellers before storing in case
- Fully charge batteries before storage
- Clean sensors and cameras regularly
- Update firmware when new versions are available
- Replace damaged propellers
- Store in cool, dry location
With proper set-up and care, your Mavic Pro will provide many hours of safe, enjoyable flying!
Final words about Set Up Your DJI Mavic Pro
In summary, setting up your DJI Mavic Pro is a crucial process that sets the foundation for your drone flying experience. By following the steps outlined in this guide, from charging the batteries to connecting your smartphone or tablet to the remote controller, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free setup.
Remember to always consult the official DJI Mavic Pro user manual for detailed instructions and guidelines specific to your drone model. With your Mavic Pro properly set up, you are ready to take to the skies and capture stunning aerial imagery, explore new perspectives, and unleash your creativity.
Enjoy your flight and have an amazing time with your DJI Mavic Pro!
If you want to know more about How To Set Up Your DJI Mavic Pro ,check the following video out:
FAQs about Set Up Your DJI Mavic Pro
DJI Mavic Pro Setup
To set up your DJI Mavic Pro, follow these steps:
- Charge the batteries for the drone and the remote controller.
- Download and install the DJI GO 4 app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Remove the gimbal cover and unfold the drone’s arms.
- Insert the fully charged battery into the drone and power it on by pressing and holding the power button.
- Open the DJI GO 4 app and connect your smartphone or tablet to the remote controller using a USB cable.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in the app to activate the drone, update firmware if needed, and complete the initial setup process.
How to Use DJI Mavic Pro？
To use your DJI Mavic Pro, follow these basic steps:
- Ensure that the drone and remote controller are powered on and properly connected.
- Use the DJI GO 4 app to access the camera view and flight controls.
- Familiarize yourself with the flight controls, including the control sticks for movement and the various buttons for different features.
- Before each flight, perform a pre-flight check to ensure that the drone is in good condition, GPS signal is strong, and the environment is suitable for flying.
- Use the flight modes available in the DJI GO 4 app to perform different flight maneuvers, such as ActiveTrack, Gesture Control, or Waypoint flying.
- After each flight, power off the drone and properly store it.
DJI Mavic Pro App
The DJI Mavic Pro uses the DJI GO 4 app, which is available for smartphones and tablets running iOS or Android. The app provides a user-friendly interface for controlling the drone, accessing camera settings, and viewing a live video feed from the drone’s camera. It also offers features such as flight modes, intelligent flight controls, access to flight telemetry and settings, and the ability to download and share captured photos and videos.
DJI Mavic Pro GPS Mode
The DJI Mavic Pro has a GPS mode that utilizes Global Positioning System technology to enhance flight stability and positioning accuracy. When the GPS mode is enabled, the drone uses satellite signals to stabilize its flight, hold its position in hovering, and return to the home point accurately. The GPS mode is particularly useful when flying in areas with strong GPS signal coverage or when performing precise maneuvers that require stable positioning.
DJI Firmware Mavic Pro
DJI periodically releases firmware updates for the Mavic Pro to enhance performance, add new features, and address any reported issues.
To update the firmware:
- Ensure that your smartphone or tablet is connected to the internet and has the DJI GO 4 app installed.
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to the remote controller and power on the Mavic Pro.
- Open the DJI GO 4 app and check for firmware updates. If a new firmware version is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it onto the drone and the remote controller.
DJI Mavic Pro 4 App
The DJI Mavic Pro uses the DJI GO 4 app, which is available for iOS and Android devices. The app provides a comprehensive interface for controlling the drone, accessing camera settings, viewing live video feed, and managing flight modes and intelligent features. It also allows you to download and share captured photos and videos, access flight telemetry, and adjust various drone settings.
How to Turn On Mavic Pro Controller？
To turn on the Mavic Pro controller, follow these steps:
- Ensure that the remote controller is charged and the Mavic Pro is powered off.
- Locate the power button on the controller. It is usually located on the top or side of the controller.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until the controller powers on.
- Once the controller is powered on, you can proceed to power on the Mavic Pro drone and establish a connection between the drone and controller.
DJI Mavic Pro Follow Mode
The DJI Mavic Pro offers a Follow Mode, also known as ActiveTrack, which allows the drone to track and follow a moving subject.
To use Follow Mode:
- Open the DJI GO 4 app and access the camera view.
- Select the subject you want the drone to follow by drawing a box around it on the screen or by tapping on the subject.
- Once the subject is selected, the drone will track and follow it, adjusting its position and altitude to keep the subject in the frame.
- You can customize the tracking behavior, flight speed, and other settings in the DJI GO 4 app to suit your preferences.