Create Dji Account: How to register a drone with DJI? To register a drone with DJI, you will need to first create a DJI account. Once you have created an account, you can log in and register your drone by providing the following information:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- The make and model of your drone
- The serial number of your drone
For new drone pilots, registering your DJI drone properly is an important step before your first flight. DJI drone registration links your device to your account to unlock key features that optimize performance, safety and recovery if lost.
In this article, we will delve into the on how to register a DJI drone and why it matters.
In this article, XDrone will delve deeper into the topic of:（Create Dji Account: How to Register a Drone with DJI?）
Let’s started now！
Dji Create Account：How to Register a Drone with DJI?
Registering your DJI drone is important for legal compliance, unlocking full drone functionality, warranty coverage, accountability and responsible flying. It links you to your drone with DJI and authorities.
Here are the steps to register a DJI drone:
- Download the DJI Fly app on your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play. This is the app you will use to fly and control your DJI drone.
- Power on your DJI drone and connect your mobile device to the remote controller via USB cable.
- Open the DJI Fly app. You may need to allow permissions for the app to access things like your camera, photos, etc.
- Tap on the profile icon in the top left corner of the app.
- Tap on ‘Register New Device’ under the Aircraft heading.
- Scan the QR code on your drone’s body using your mobile device’s camera. This will pair your drone to the app.
- Enter your DJI account details to login or create a new DJI account if you don’t already have one.
- Follow the prompts to enter your drone’s serial number, name your drone, and upload a profile photo for your drone if desired.
- Tap ‘Register’ once all details are entered. Your drone is now registered to your DJI account!
- You can repeat steps 5-10 to register additional DJI drones to the same account.
Why Do I Need to Register My DJI Drone At All?
Registering your drone with DJI provides some major benefits:
- Activation – Registration is required to fully activate your drone’s software and access its complete feature set.
- Safety – Registration helps track and identify drones to encourage responsible flying.
- Security – Prevents theft by making drones unable to start without login to registered accounts.
- Support – Linking to an account enables warranty service and support to resolve issues.
- Proof of ownership – Provides purchase verification and transferable ownership records.
- Recovery – Improves chances of being reunited with a lost drone by linking it to your contact info.
- Resale value – Registration paperwork proves original ownership and condition for higher resale value.
- Updates – Pushes important firmware updates to your linked devices to fix bugs and improve performance.
- Alerts – Informs you of any flight restrictions or safety notices applicable to your registered region.
How Do I Add a Drone to My DJI Account?
If you already have a DJI account, adding a new drone follows these steps:
- Power on your new drone and connect to the remote controller as normal.
- Launch the DJI Fly app on your mobile device and login to your account.
- A notification will appear prompting you to register your new device to your account. Follow the prompts.
- Name your drone and enter the aircraft serial number located under the battery or on the side of the fuselage.
- The app will automatically sync and add your drone to your account inventory upon successful registration.
- Your drone’s software will become fully activated once linked to your account. It’s now ready to fly!
If new to DJI, you’ll need to download the Fly app and create an account first before registering the drone.
Create A Dji Account：How Do I Activate My DJI Drone?
Activating your DJI drone software requires linking the drone to your DJI account. Activation steps include:
- Create a DJI account in the DJI Fly app if you haven’t already.
- Power on your new DJI drone and connect your mobile device running DJI Fly. If prompted to activate, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Alternatively, you can tap the profile icon in the top left of the home screen. Select “Add Device to Account” and scan the QR code on your drone.
- Name your drone and enter the serial number when prompted.
- After successfully registering the drone to your account, all software features will be unlocked.
How Much Does Registration Cost?
Registering your DJI drone directly through the DJI Fly app is completely free. DJI does not charge any fees to register a drone to your account and activate it. Registration costs are already included in the original purchase price.
Third-party sites may charge registration fees, but are unnecessary. For no cost, simply download the free DJI Fly app and follow the registration prompts.
What Do You Get for Registration?
Registering your drone with DJI provides you with:
- Full access to all software features
- Recovery option if drone is lost and found
- Ability to link replacement parts to your account
- Technical and warranty support for your device
- Automatic firmware updates to latest version
- Alerts if flight restrictions are issued for your registered region
- Necessary documentation to verify ownership and airworthiness
- Requirement met for legal operation in many jurisdictions
- Possible insurance discounts when proof of registration is required
- Peace of mind knowing your drone is securely linked to your credentials
How Long is Registration Valid?
DJI drone registration does not currently expire. Once registered to your account, your drone will remain linked to your DJI profile indefinitely or until you manually unregister it.
There is no need for periodic renewal or re-registration. The one-time process validates ownership for the operational lifetime of your drone.
However, you do need to make sure you have the latest firmware and app updates installed, as major new versions can sometimes require re-linking your device.
Are There Any Age or Citizenship Requirements?
DJI does not impose any age or citizenship restrictions on registering drones under recreational hobbyist use cases, which is the most common scenario. However, use case and location-based restrictions do apply:
- Commercial use – Pilots wanting to use drones for commercial purposes may need to be certified and licensed depending on local laws.
- Minimum age – While DJI does not impose limits, local regulations may require drone pilots using the aircraft commercially to meet minimum age requirements.
- Citizenship – U.S. restrictions prohibit non-citizens from registering drones weighing over .55 lbs for commercial use unless they obtain an appropriate waiver.
Always check your local jurisdiction’s drone regulations to ensure you meet any minimum age, citizenship or certification requirements based on your intended use case.
What Happens If You Don’t Register Your DJI Drone?
It is not advisable to use your DJI drone without properly registering it, as you will be missing out on key functionality:
- Software limitation – Many features like distance tracking and advanced camera modes will remain deactivated without account registration.
- No technical support – You won’t be able to get troubleshooting help or warranty service from DJI if unregistered.
- Shorter range – Maximum control range will be severely reduced flying unregistered, keeping you closer to the drone.
- No firmware updates – Critical new firmware that improves performance and safety cannot install without the app registration process.
- Less secure – Drones are easier targets for theft when not registered to an owner account that requires login before use.
- Resale difficulty – Selling an unregistered drone is harder as you lack documentation to prove ownership and condition.
- Non-compliant – Flying an unregistered drone likely violates regulations, carrying penalties if discovered.
What Information Do You Need to Supply for Registration?
The key details needed to register a DJI drone to your account include:
- Drone serial number – This unique identifier code is printed on a label under the aircraft body or battery.
- Drone name – You can customize the name displayed in your DJI app for this drone.
- Contact details – Your name, email, phone number and physical address are pulled from your account profile.
- Proof of ownership – Your purchase receipt, invoice number or warranty paperwork may be requested as verification.
- Compliance documents – Waiver documents may need to be uploaded if required for your region or specific commercial use case.
The DJI Fly app registration process will prompt you for any required information not already in your DJI profile. Have your drone serial number and any compliance paperwork ready.
Final words about How to Register a Drone with DJI
Properly registering your new DJI drone is a quick and easy process with the DJI Fly app that unlocks key capabilities and features. While an often overlooked step by new drone pilots eager to start flying, taking the few minutes to link your aircraft to your account should always be a top priority.
Registering provides proof of ownership, tighter security, recoverability if lost, access to support and resources, important updates, and verification you are operating within regulations. So be sure to fully register your new DJI drone before heading out for your first flights.
To learn more about how to register a drone with DJI, check out the following video:
FAQs about How to Register a Drone with DJI
Register DJI drone for warranty
To register your DJI drone for warranty, you can visit the DJI website and create an account. Once you have created an account, you can log in and register your drone. To register your drone, you will need to provide the drone’s serial number and other information.
Drone license DJI
In many countries, you need a license to fly a drone. The requirements for a drone license vary depending on the country. In the United States, you need a license to fly a drone that weighs more than 0.55 pounds (250 grams).
To get a drone license in the United States, you need to pass a test called the Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate Exam. You can take the test online or at a testing center.
The FAA DroneZone is a website that provides information about flying drones in the United States. The website includes a map of all the places where you can fly a drone without special permission.
FAA drone regulation
The FAA regulates the use of drones in the United States. The FAA has a number of regulations in place to ensure the safety of drone pilots and other people.
Some of the FAA’s drone regulations include:
- Drone pilots must fly their drones within line of sight.
- Drone pilots must keep their drones below 400 feet above the ground.
- Drone pilots cannot fly their drones over people or crowds.
- Drone pilots cannot fly their drones near airports or other restricted areas.
DJI Air 2S registration
You can register your DJI Air 2S with the FAA by visiting the FAA DroneZone website.
DJI Remote ID
DJI Remote ID is a technology that allows authorities to identify and track drones in flight. DJI Remote ID is required on all new DJI drones.
DJI Remote ID broadcasts the drone’s serial number and other information to nearby devices. This information can be used by authorities to identify and track the drone if it is lost or stolen.
The Flysafe app is a great way to learn about drone safety and regulations, and to find places where you can fly your drone.
DJI Support provides a variety of resources to help you with your DJI drone. DJI Support includes FAQs, tutorials, and a customer support forum.