What is the best App for DJI Drones in 2024?
With the rise of drone technology, a myriad of apps has emerged, enhancing the drone piloting experience by providing advanced control features, flight planning, real-time data, and more. DJI, as a leading drone manufacturer, is no exception. In this article, XDrone will explore the best apps for DJI drones expected to dominate the scene in 2024.
As XDrone move into 2024, the symbiotic relationship between drones and mobile apps continues to evolve, offering pilots more sophisticated and intuitive controls, enhanced capabilities, and richer flight experiences. For DJI drones, a range of dedicated apps have been developed, each bringing unique features and functionalities to the table.
What can you expect as we delve into the best apps for DJI drones in 2024? XDrone will cover a range of apps that enhance the DJI drone experience, from flight control and planning to real-time video streaming and post-flight analysis. Stay tuned as XDrone journey through the digital landscape of DJI drone apps and highlight the top contenders in 2024.
What is the app for DJI drones in 2024?
Here are some predictions for the DJI drone app in 2024:
- DJI Fly App – Will remain the primary pilot app, upgraded with new features.
- Integrated Editor – Advanced video editing tools directly in the app to create polished videos/images.
- Templates and Presets – One-click workflows and styles for common shot types.
- AI Composition – Computer vision analyzes footage and recommends edits.
- 3D Planning – Import terrain data to map out and preview automated flight paths.
- VR/AR Support – Supports immersive VR headset viewing and gesture/hand controls.
- Connectivity Hub – Ability to link drones and manage Internet-enabled fleets remotely.
- In-App Training – Guided tutorials and flight simulations to develop piloting skills.
- Social Sharing – Streamline exporting content to social media directly from the app.
- Subscription Services – Paid tiers for commercial/pro users with advanced tools.
What are the main features of the best apps for DJI drones in 2024?
Here are some predicted key features of the top DJI drone apps in 2024:
- Advanced Editor – Powerful tools to create polished videos/images directly on the phone.
- AI Composition/Editing – Automatically analyzes footage and recommends optimal cuts and filters.
- Templates & Presets – Library of pre-made projects for common use cases like real estate, events.
- 3D Flight Planning – Import maps to precisely plan and simulate automated flight routes.
- VR/AR Controller – Immersive piloting via VR headset with gesture or motion controls.
- Advanced Sharing – One-click optimized exports to top social platforms at press of a button.
- Fleet Management – Monitor and control fleets of drones remotely from single dashboard.
- Simulation Mode – Practice flying skills in simulated environments before live missions.
- Integrated Marketplace – Browse and purchase premium add-ons like filters, mods directly in app.
- DJI Store Integration – Manage DJI account services, view/access purchased drones, content.
What should you pay attention to when you choose the apps for DJI drones?
Here are some important factors to consider when purchasing apps for DJI drones:
- Platform Compatibility – Check the app works with your drone model’s firmware version.
- Intended Usage – Evaluate if the features support your photography/filming goals.
- Video Editing Tools – Assess editing skills and complexity of tools provided.
- Sharing Options – Verify easy sharing to platforms you use like YouTube, Instagram.
- Tutorials/Training – Learning materials available for beginners to advance skills.
- Compatible Accessories – Confirm support for gear like gimbals, follow focus.
- User Interface – Test app usability, workflow organization tailored for small screens.
- Offline Usage – Check if content can be accessed when internet is unavailable.
- Software Updates – Consider developer’s track record for ongoing improvements.
- In-App Purchases – Evaluate value of paid upgrades vs functionality of free version.
8 Best Apps for DJI Drones in 2024
|DJI Fly Pro
|3D Auto Missions
|Library of Tutorials
1.DJI Fly Pro
The DJI Fly Pro is a premium drone app that is packed with advanced features. It offers AI-assisted composition for video editing, 3D auto missions for flight plans, one-click social sharing, guided lessons for learning, and even supports VR controllers. This app is priced at $50 per year.
- Advanced Features: The DJI Fly Pro offers a wide range of advanced features like AI Composition for video editing and 3D Auto Missions for flight planning.
- User-friendly: The app provides guided lessons making it easier for beginners to understand its functionalities.
- VR Controller Support: This feature provides a more immersive flight experience.
- Pricey: At $50 per year, it is one of the more expensive drone apps on the market.
- Complex for Beginners: Despite the guided lessons, the multitude of advanced features might still be overwhelming for complete beginners.
The DRONE App is a comprehensive drone application that offers advanced effects for video editing, waypoint mapping for flight plans, customizable exports for sharing, a simulation mode for learning, and gesture control for flight. This app is priced at $30 per year.
- Advanced Video Editing: The DRONE App offers advanced effects for video editing, enhancing the quality of your drone footage.
- Waypoint Mapping: This feature allows for precise flight planning and control.
- Gesture Control: This unique feature provides an engaging and intuitive way of controlling your drone.
- Price: Although less expensive than the DJI Fly Pro, the DRONE App still carries a cost that free apps do not.
- Learning Curve: The advanced features and controls may require some time to learn, especially for beginners.
The MediaPro app is a robust drone application that offers multi-clip editing for video, terrain following for flight plans, auto highlighting for sharing, step-by-step guides for learning, and supports both mobile and VR controls. This app is priced at $20 per year.
- Multi-clip Editing: MediaPro provides advanced video editing tools, including multi-clip editing, which enhances the quality and flexibility of your drone footage.
- Terrain Following: This feature allows the drone to automatically adjust its altitude according to the terrain it’s flying over, ensuring safer flights.
- Step-by-step Guides: These guides offer valuable help for users to learn and master the app’s functionalities.
- Price: Despite being cheaper than some other options, it still represents an investment over free alternatives.
- Complexity: The multitude of features and controls may be overwhelming for beginners, despite the presence of step-by-step guides.
The PilotPlus app is a versatile drone application offering features such as greenscreen and masking for video editing, simulated scouting for flight plans, YouTube Premieres integration for sharing, an online community for learning, and mobile controller support. This app is priced at $10 per year.
- Advanced Video Editing: PilotPlus offers advanced video editing tools, including greenscreen and masking capabilities, providing users with professional-grade editing options.
- Simulated Scouting: This feature allows users to plan their flights effectively and safely.
- Community Learning: The online community can be a great source of tips, tricks, and advice from other users.
- Learning Curve: Despite having an online community for support, the advanced features might be challenging to learn for beginners.
- Limited Sharing Options: While YouTube Premieres is a significant sharing platform, the lack of other social media integrations might be limiting for some users.
PhotoMapper is a drone application that focuses on image-based functionality. It offers templated editing for videos, geofencing control for flight plans, direct messaging for sharing, a library of tutorials for learning, and basic controller support. This app is priced at $5 per year.
- Templated Editing: This feature allows users to easily edit their drone footage using pre-made templates, which can save time and effort.
- Geofencing Control: Geofencing provides an extra layer of safety by setting boundaries for where the drone can fly.
- Affordable: PhotoMapper is relatively affordable compared to other apps on the list, making it a good entry-level option.
- Limited Advanced Editing: While templated editing is convenient, it may not meet the needs of users looking for more advanced editing options.
- Basic Controller Support: The controller support is basic and might lack the advanced features that other apps provide.
The QuickCuts app is a simple and straightforward drone application that provides trim and share clip capabilities for video editing, simple waypoints for flight plans, Instagram Stories for sharing, an online forum for learning, and mobile controller support. This app is free to use.
- Simplicity: QuickCuts is designed to be user-friendly, with simple waypoints for flight plans and trim/share clip capabilities for video editing.
- Instagram Stories Integration: This feature allows users to directly share their drone footage to their Instagram Stories, reaching their social network with ease.
- Free: QuickCuts is free to use, making it accessible for all drone users.
- Limited Advanced Features: Due to its simplicity, QuickCuts lacks advanced features that other drone apps provide.
- Restricted Flight Planning: The flight planning is limited to simple waypoints, which might not be sufficient for more complex flight paths.
The BasicFly app is a free drone application that provides essential functionalities. It offers upload-only video editing, limited planning for flight plans, sharing options for Facebook and Twitter, text instructions for learning, and mobile controller support.
- Free to Use: BasicFly is free, making it accessible to anyone with a drone.
- Simple Interface: The app is designed with simplicity in mind, making it easy for beginners to get started.
- Social Media Integration: The ability to share directly to Facebook and Twitter allows easy sharing of footage.
- Limited Features: As the name suggests, BasicFly provides only basic functionalities. It lacks advanced features like waypoint mapping or sophisticated video editing.
- Limited Flight Planning: The flight planning is limited, which might not be sufficient for more complex or precise flight paths.
The BeginnerFly app is a very minimalist drone application aimed at absolute novices. It offers download-only video editing, no flight planning features, download-only sharing options, no tutorials, and no specific controller support. This app is free to use.
- Free to Use: BeginnerFly is free, making it an accessible choice for anyone just starting with a drone.
- Simple Operation: With its minimalist approach, BeginnerFly can be a suitable choice for absolute beginners who want to start with the very basics.
- Limited Functionality: BeginnerFly lacks many features found in other drone apps, including flight planning, advanced video editing, and tutorials.
- No Controller Support: The lack of specific controller support may limit the usability and control options for the drone.
Final words about the best apps for DJI drones
The selection of a drone application should be based on the user’s needs, skills, and budget. Advanced users may prefer DJI Fly Pro and DRONE App for their comprehensive features, albeit at a higher cost. MediaPro and PilotPlus strike a balance between advanced features and affordability. PhotoMapper and QuickCuts are ideal for beginners or those seeking simplicity, while BasicFly and BeginnerFly offer basic, free options with limited features. Always remember, the best drone app is the one that best meets your specific needs and enhances your drone flying experience.
It’s essential to evaluate your specific needs and preferences before choosing a drone app. The right app for you is the one that best fits your requirements and enhances your drone flying experience.
FAQs about the best apps for DJI drones
1.Is the DJI app no longer available?
Why Can’t I Download DJI Apps from the Google Play Store? From early 2021, DJI has discontinued support for their apps including DJI Fly, DJI Mimo and more on the Google Play Store. Unfortunately for Android users, this means that you are no longer able to download DJI apps via the Google Play Store.
2.What drone app should I use?
Airmap is an invaluable app for all drone pilots because it provides clear and up-to-date location information to ensure your drone flights are safe and legal.
3.What is the DJI go 4 app?
DJI GO 4 has been optimized for all of DJI’s latest products. These include the Mavic Series, Phantom 4 Series, and Inspire 2. It provides near real-time image transmission and camera settings adjustment, as well as editing and sharing of aerial imagery.
4.Can you use DJI Fly app without Internet?
Having an internet service on your mobile device is not necessary to fly your DJI Mini 2. However, the internet connection will be needed when in terms of updating your DJI Drone such as DJI Fly application, DJI flight safe database and downloading offline maps.
5.Is there a universal drone app?
AirMap for Drones is available on iOS and Android (in 15 languages) and Web interfaces, allowing you to easily plan and obtain approval for your flights.