Drones, also known as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), have become increasingly popular among hobbyists and professionals alike in recent years. With a wide variety of models and features available at different price points, drones appeal to everyone from casual flyers to aerial photographers and videographers. In examining drone sales data, clear leaders emerge in terms of the top selling models in the United States.
In this article I will recommend this drones for you:
1、DJI Mavic 2 Pro
2、DJI Mavic Air 2
3、Autel EVO II Pro
In this article, XDrone will delve deeper into the topic of:（5 Best Selling Drones in US）
Let’s started now！
What is Best Selling Drones？
The consumer and professional drone markets in the United States are dominated by two major players – DJI and Autel. DJI’s top selling models include the Mavic series, known for their compact yet sophisticated folding designs, and the Phantom and Inspire lines which offer professional-grade performance. The Mavic Pro and Mavic Air models are among DJI’s most popular drones for hobbyists and casual users. Meanwhile, Autel’s Evo II series features high-end cameras and imaging capabilities aimed at aerial photographers and videographers. Autel drones provide strong competition for DJI in the prosumer and professional segments. With advanced flight performance and camera features paired with competitive pricing, it’s no surprise DJI and Autel drones continually rank among the best selling UAVs in America.
What are the main features of Best Selling Drones？
- Camera quality – Resolution, sensor size, aperture, formats, and stabilization for sharp, high-quality photos and videos. Top models offer 1″-sensor cameras and 3-axis gimbals.
- Flight time – Battery life to maximize airtime. 15-31 minutes per charge is typical for consumer models.
- Range – Maximum distance drones can fly from operator. 1-8 miles is common. Longer range requires video transmission technology.
- Obstacle avoidance – Sensors to detect and avoid crashes. Dual forward/backward and downward sensors are ideal.
- Speed – Top speed in sport mode. 40-45 mph is standard for consumer drones.
- Portability – Foldable designs and lightweight bodies for easy transport and storage.
What should you pay attention to when buying a Best Selling Drones?
- Skill level – Beginner drones are easy to fly. Advanced drones have manual controls and features for pros.
- Price – Cost ranges from $500-$2,000+ for consumers. Professional models are $2,000-$20,000+.
- Usage – Aerial photography, racing, hobbyist, commercial applications, etc. Different features suit different needs.
- Regulations – Certain weights and features require registration. Learn local laws.
- Brand reputation – Established makers like DJI and Autel are known for quality and support.
5 Best Selling Drones in US
|DJI Mavic 2 Pro
|20MP 1″ CMOS
|DJI Mavic Air 2
|48MP 1/2″ CMOS
|Autel EVO II Pro
|48MP 1″ CMOS
|DJI Mini 2
1、DJI Mavic 2 Pro
The DJI Mavic 2 Pro is a foldable, portable consumer drone made for aerial photography and videography. It features a 1-inch 20MP Hasselblad camera on a 3-axis gimbal capable of 4K video recording.
- Compact and lightweight design for travel and portability
- Long flight time of up to 31 minutes
- Omnidirectional obstacle sensing for safety
- Intelligent flight modes like ActiveTrack 2.0
- Quiet operation suitable for work environments
- Large sensor size and adjustable aperture for great image quality
- High price point, especially with extra batteries and accessories
- Still restrictive flight regulations in many areas
- Limited warranty and repairs can be costly
- Low-light and high wind performance not as good as higher end drones
- App and firmware issues may cause periodic bugs
- Camera fixed to drone, no interchangeable lens options
Overall, the Mavic 2 Pro hits a sweet spot between portability, ease of use, and professional image quality. It’s an excellent drone for travel and creative aerial projects for the advanced hobbyist or semi-pro.
2、DJI Mavic Air 2
The DJI Mavic Air 2 was released in 2020 as an upgrade over the original Mavic Air. It’s positioned as a mid-range foldable drone with strong camera performance and smart features. With a 1/2″ CMOS sensor, the Mavic Air 2 can capture 4K/60fps video and 48MP photos while stabilized by its 3-axis gimbal. It’s a lightweight and portable drone aimed at aerial content creators.
- Lightweight foldable design at 570g
- Long 34 minute flight time
- Capable 4K/60fps video and 48MP photos
- Omnidirectional obstacle sensing
- Smart capabilities like ActiveTrack 3.0
- Affordable price point under $800
- User-friendly flying experience
- Small 1/2” sensor limits low light performance
- 4K video is capped at 120Mbps bitrate
- Portability sacrifices some wind resistance
- No zoom lens like Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom
- Extra accessories add to cost
- Advanced users may want more pro features
In summary, the Mavic Air 2 hits a sweet spot of portability, camera quality, and smart features for the price. It’s a great option for travel, real estate, content creation and more, but pros may want more premium capabilities.
3、Autel EVO II Pro
The Autel EVO II Pro is a professional-grade drone made by Autel Robotics. It was released in 2020 as an upgrade to the original EVO drone. Here are some of the pros and cons of the EVO II Pro:
- Large 1-inch CMOS sensor camera capable of 8K video recording and 48MP photos. This allows for excellent image quality.
- Omnidirectional obstacle sensing using visual sensors. This helps the drone avoid collisions.
- 40-minute maximum flight time. Long battery life for extended flying.
- 6K selfie camera on the remote controller. Useful for vlogging.
- Robust flight performance even in windy conditions.
- Very expensive, over $1500 for just the basic package. It’s a professional tool with a professional price tag.
- Large and heavy. The drone weighs over 1kg with the camera, so it’s not as portable as smaller drones.
- Controller doesn’t have a screen. You must connect your phone or tablet.
- Advanced features require unlocking geofencing. This restricts flight in some conditions.
In summary, the EVO II Pro is at the high end of consumer drones, with professional image quality and sensing, but also a professional pricing and complexity level. It’s best suited for serious aerial photographers and videographers.
The Skydio 2 is an advanced autonomous drone designed for easy, has a pretty capable 4k 60FPS camera. hands-free flying and filming. With 6 integrated 4K cameras and sophisticated computer vision, it can fly itself while avoiding obstacles and intelligently tracking subjects. The Skydio 2 folds into a compact portable form factor yet still delivers 23 minutes of flight time.
- Revolutionary fully autonomous flight with subject tracking
- Obstacle avoidance and 3D modeling sensors
- Integrated cameras provide a true 360 degree view
- Intuitive mobile app with various cinematic shooting modes
- Excellent 23 minute battery life
- Compact foldable design for portability
- Very expensive pricing, over $1000
- Cameras max out at 4K resolution
- Controls can feel unintuitive coming from normal drones
- Much heavier than typical racing/freestyle drones
- Usefulness limited in wide open areas without obstacles
In summary, the Skydio 2 provides effortless flying and filming that no other drone can match through cutting-edge autonomous tech. But its niche role and premium pricing limit the potential market.
5、DJI Mini 2
The DJI Mavic Mini 2 is one of DJI’s smallest and lightest consumer drones, weighing less than 249g. This ultra-portable drone boasts an impressive 4K camera capable of capturing clear and stable video footage thanks to its 3-axis mechanical gimbal. Some of the pros of the Mavic Mini 2 are its long 31 minute battery life, extended 10km HD video transmission range, and intuitive app control through DJI’s proprietary technology.
- Ultra portable and lightweight
- Long 31 minute battery life
- 4K camera and 3-axis gimbal
- 10km HD video transmission range
- Intuitive DJI app control
- Lack of obstacle avoidance sensors
- Mediocre low light camera performance
- Relatively high price for entry-level
The drone folds down to a compact size comparable to a smartphone, making it highly convenient to take anywhere. However, there are some downsides to consider. The lack of obstacle avoidance sensors means you have to pilot the drone carefully to avoid crashes. Low-light performance is also mediocre according to some users. Additionally, while cheaper than most DJI drones, the $449 price tag is still relatively high for consumers just getting started in aerial photography. Nonetheless, the Mavic Mini 2 represents an excellent blend of portability and performance that makes it a top choice for travel and outdoor adventure.
Final words about Best Selling Drones in US
In summary, DJI and Autel dominate the consumer and professional drone markets in the United States. DJI’s Mavic series offers an unbeatable combination of portability, image quality, and smart features for hobbyists and content creators on a budget. For professionals who require larger sensors and customizable pro-grade tools, the Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 are top choices. Autel’s Evo II caters to aerial photographers who want top-notch image quality in a foldable form factor. As drone technology continues advancing rapidly, it will be interesting to see if any competitors can challenge DJI and Autel’s leadership in the American drone industry.
Know more about the Best Selling Drones in US, please check the following video out:
FAQs about Best Selling Drones in US
What are the top selling drone brands in the US?
The top drone brands in the US market are DJI, Autel Robotics, Skydio, and Parrot. DJI is the dominant player, while Autel, Skydio and Parrot also have popular consumer and enterprise models.
Which DJI drone models are the best sellers?
DJI’s Mavic series, which includes the Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, and Mavic Air 2, are among the best selling DJI drones. The Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, and Mavic Mini are also very popular for consumers.
What are the best selling camera drones?
The DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom, Phantom 4 Pro, Autel EVO 2, and Skydio 2 are some of the top selling drones focused on aerial photography and videography. They have large 1” CMOS sensors and 3-axis gimbals for stable, high quality footage.
What is the best selling drone for beginners?
The DJI Mavic Mini and Skydio 2 are two of the best beginner drones. They are easy to fly, have automated flight modes like ActiveTrack, and have built-in obstacle avoidance to prevent crashes.
What is the best affordable drone?
The DJI Mavic Mini, which retails for around $400, is considered the best budget-friendly drone option. Despite its low price, it has a long 30 minute flight time and a 12MP camera.
Which drones are best for professional use?
The DJI Inspire 2, Matrice 300, and Phantom 4 Pro are top choices for professional aerial photography, filming, inspection, mapping and surveying uses. They offer larger sensors, interchangeable lenses, and robust software.
What are the best ready-to-fly racing drones?
Ready-to-fly racing drones from ImmersionRC, BetaFPV, and iFlight are popular among drone racing enthusiasts. They come fully assembled and tuned for high speeds out of the box.